Project overview: fault-tolerant X.400 email server development aimed at national telecommunications companies.
- Designed and developed operating system interface library functions, simplifying porting between ICL’s DRS/NX operating system and Stratus’ fault tolerant VOS platform.
- On-site and remote technical assistance for MCI New York, a major test site for the project.
- Hardware: Stratus (IBM System/88); ICL DRS series
- Operating systems: VOS; DRS/NX
- Languages: C; shell
- Other: X.400; BS 5750 (which became ISO 9001)
(Note: ICL became part of Fujitsu.)